With a little bit of effort and research, acing the job interview for a security guard position is simple. (And if you’re on this page, chances are you’re doing pretty well on the “research” part!)
By showing the interviewer that you understand what the job entails and that you’re able to do it well, you become that much closer to landing the job. But to do all of that, you’ll first need to know what kind of questions they’ll ask you.
Keep reading to learn about the kind of interview questions to expect after you complete your security guard training course.
Preparing for the interview
As you prepare for your job interview, you’ll want to make sure that you’re able to answer the following questions:
- What is the company known for?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Why should this company hire you over other applicants?
- Have there been any big changes in the organization recently?
- Have they published any news or updates that you can mention during the interview?
- Is there anyone you know at the company that can vouch for you?
Once you know the answers to these questions, you can begin preparing for the questions they’ll ask during the interview itself, which can be found in the next section.
Security guard training course interview questions
- Why do you want to become a security guard?
- What are three of your greatest strengths?
- What are three of your greatest weaknesses?
- How does your work experience make you a good candidate for this position?
- What would you do in case of an emergency or a tough situation on the job?
- How would you react if you felt threatened by someone or encountered an angry member of the public on the job?
- Do you have any questions for us?
For the final question, it’s always best to have some questions (especially ones that relate to the job itself, rather than any benefits you might get as part of the job). This shows that you’re interested in the job itself, and want to know whether the job is really a good fit for you or not.
If it helps, write down the answers to these questions and then practice saying them over and over again until you can say them aloud with confidence.
Of course, they may ask you other questions outside of these ones, which is why it’s helpful to start with an awareness of what kind of employee you are and what you can bring to the table. That way, you won’t get tripped up even if a question you’re not prepared for shows up in the interview.
Register for your security guard training course today
When it comes to impeccable service and dedication to excellence, no other security academy comes close to Cancom Security Training Academy in Ontario.
Our flagship five-day security training program allows you to complete 40 hours worth of training and education, all in one week. This comprehensive course also includes training on emergency first aid, CPR, and AED. Your course prepares you for your license examination, which is another requirement you’ll need to become a security guard in Ontario.
Once you’ve successfully completed your training and passed your exam, a new world of job opportunities will become available to you, including:
- Airport security
- Mall security
- Close protection
- Nightclub or bar security guard
- Loss prevention security
- Residential concierge
- Special event security
- Mobile patrol
Ready to get started? Sign up for your security guard training course on our website. Otherwise, if you have any questions or concerns, contact us or call us directly at +1 416-763-0000.